Lead the Global HR Management
- Manage, create, implement and supervise Global policies and regulations which are mandatory for all employees
- Be aware of legal requirements in different jurisdictions regarding labor law and ensure the Group remains in compliance at all times
- Lead the HR operational set-up in all new entities to ensure compliance with local employment legislation while ensuring alignment with the Singapore parent company.
- Work closely with line managers to advise them on various HR matters including employee relations, performance management, career development, compensation and benefits and engagement.
- Oversee all daily operational HR tasks including reviewing and updating policies and procedures, handling employee relations and managing payroll in Singapore and across our international locations.
- Support the PR drive in the Group
- Monitor attendance and leave
- Oversee the payroll process via our outsourced payroll provider
Responsible for attracting talent to the organization
- Understand the recruitment needs in the Group both now and potentially in the future
- Coordinate the interview process
- Employee contractual agreements
- Help to develop an employer brand
- Develop good working relationships with our network of recruiters
- Leverage relevant social media for hiring
Responsible for Staff training and development, including the appraisal process
- Develop a training program so employees can better understand our business
- This may be in-house or external training depending on the specific employee, specific role needs, etc.
- The retention of staff goes hand in hand with providing the platform for them to develop professionally. For key staff in the organization develop plans for professional development that help support them in their current roles as the organization expands.
- All employees should be very clear on what their key responsibilities are within their team and what their departments role and responsibility is within the organization. Work with function managers to achieve this
- Run the annual appraisal process including objective setting in conjunction with line managers
Responsible for maintaining work culture and employee relations
- Maintain a healthy, safe and fun work environment in keeping with Viant’s culture.
- Work to eliminate any awkward situations or atmosphere that may negatively impact the group or affect the performance of staff
- Resolve conflict and map out unbiased and practical solutions
- Maintain an open-door policy with the team to build up a good rapport with the staff
Viant core values
- Adopt the core values of the organization
- Read and incorporate into your daily activities the Viant code of ethics and business conduct
- As a manager – lead by example, providing a model of high standards of ethical conduct to other employees
- Strengthen and embed our company's core values and culture in across our international locations and in so doing, continuously ensure employee engagement and well-being.
- Degree holder
- Minimum 3 years HR Management experience
- Regional/International HR experience (preferred)
- Business level proficiency in the English and Chinese language is required
- Strong MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) skills
- Awareness and understanding of the labor laws in different jurisdictions (Essential
- Engaging and ‘warm’ people-person.
- Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel overseas
- Monitoring and assessing commodity trading activities for significant risks
- Regular validation of the market price curves to ensure accuracy and prudence of this key input in the mark to market calculations
- Independently review the appropriateness and accuracy of commodity price forecasts, business models and business assumptions and maintain independent proxy market curves for all commodities for use in mark to market and profitability calculations.
- Preparation of Daily P&L (Profit & Loss) reports including net positions with an in-depth analysis of the P&L drivers
- Conduct independent risk assessments of trading positions, strategies and the appropriateness and accuracy of market and credit risk exposure reporting
- Together with the Credit Risk Committee, form and update the existing credit risk policies
- Conducting regular reviews of existing risk management policies and procedures, assessing proposed changes and making recommendations to the risk committee as well as proposing additions or changes where existing risk management standards are inadequate or effective.
- Daily validation of Credit and other Exposures
- Actively participate in risk and other business project risk analysis, provide advice on the management of risk, market conventions or other documentation issues and support the credit risk management program in line with the credit risk management policies
- Analyse newly formulated business models
- Highlight to the executive management key risks, especially concerning operational processes
- Work in collaboration with the traders and operators for risk mitigation
- Approval of day to day contracts, and verification of the data in the AS400 system
- Proactive participation in procedures review, setup, and implementation
- Check and follow up if all procedures have been properly implemented with a focus on efficiency and the reduction of manual work
- Full understanding of relevant insurance policies (Marine, War, and credit) coverage and claims procedure
- Work on improving AS400 functionalities together with AS400 software development team, providing them with clear directions to improve work efficiency and process automation for the Operations and other departments
- Assist in developing the function for concentrates trading (providing to the software team the criteria on cons operation flow, key trading components) or other new business models
- Review existing SOP procedures, and the implementation within the various departments (Trading, Operations, Accounting, Middle Office and Trade Finance)
- Relevant bachelor’s degree graduate
- Solid experience in commodities trading, with a sound understanding of financial and commodity hedging markets within trading, operational and risk management functions
- Strong operations background and hands-on experience
- Knowledge of market credit risk management
- Knowledge of commodities contract documentation and capable of learning advanced risk management analysis techniques including Value at Risk and Stress Testing techniques
- Capable of analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, and provide meaningful reports, analysis, and recommendations
Kindly use the form below to deposit your resume to apply for these positions or for future vacancies.